Male pattern baldness is the phenomenon of hair loss among men that begins with few bald spots here and there and may eventually leads to a complete baldhead
Reasons for male pattern baldness
Male pattern baldness is the phenomenon of hair loss among men that begins
with few bald spots here and there and may eventually leads to a complete
baldhead. Needless to say, it has a huge impact on the personality of a person.
Whilst it's normal to lose around 40 to 50 strands of hair in one day but losing excessively more hair than that is a sign of male pattern baldness. Numerous factors are responsible for hair loss:
· Hormone imbalance : The hormone, Dihydrotestosterone causes hair loss. There are medications available to block the actions of this hormone.
· Scalp infections : the fungi and bacterial infection on the scalp weakens the hair from its root, resulting in hair fall. Also diseases like diabetes have a negative impact on health of hair.
· Stress : stress has always been considered harmful for not only hair, but also for overall health of an individual. The mental and physical health gets affected, which has a direct bearing on the hair.
· Medicines : some anti-depressant medicines or medicines to treat high blood pressure also cause hair loss.
· Experiments with hair : pulling our hair, making tight pigtails or using hair rollers has a scarring effect on scalp. Traction alopecia is the name given to the condition.
There are medications available to treat male pattern baldness. However, natural remedies have proved to be safer and potentially effective to deal with the issue. apart from stopping of hair fall, some people also experience hair regrowth.